Our commodity-based supply chain approach ensures reliable, cost-effective sourcing through advanced procurement methods and global monitoring initiatives. We build in resilience and flexibility into our procurement processes. In alignment with Precision Engagement®, we will tailor the material sourcing for your project to best fit your specific needs. Quality starts with the supply chain. Learn more about our Quality Management process, and our certifications.
Total Cost of Ownership
Driving down your total cost of ownership starts at the design phase. As part of our Transition to Manufacturing services, our Design for Supply Chain (DFSC) expertise takes a proactive approach to evaluate part availability and cost early on in the process. Engaging early in the product development stage lets us analyze documentation for BOM cost reduction opportunities and expose potential part end-of-life issues.
Our long-term strategic partnerships have key global and US sources. By partnering with suppliers based on their Line Card strengths, we can secure the best total cost of the Supply Chain.
Transparent communication with our partners allows us to be responsive and adaptable to any change and minimize impacts to on-time product delivery.
Our use of tools such as SiliconExpert allows us to research material lifecycle and compliance status. To stay apprised of potential upcoming shortages or disruptions, we use AI-based monitoring systems.
We use Quotefx, the industry standard quoting software, to consolidate the BOM and leverage all supplier line cards and score cards for best possible part cost. Quotefx quickly provides different quote options based on best cost, best lead time, and least excess.
Cirtronics can provide component level traceability to production orders to ensure containment and mitigate recall risk.
Cirtronics Material Inventory Control Systems:
- Commodity Aligned Procurement is a robust strategy for continuity of supply. Our Supplier Partners identify challenges well before they impact our customers’ build cycle.
- Automated Replenishment substantially increases productivity and reduces overall costs.
- Kanban/ Just in Time (JIT): In order to allow for flexibility to changing requirements, our Supplier Partners will bond product at specific levels according to forecasts. This provides low overhead for customers while maintaining part availability.
- CORE: We hold inventory on site via our Supplier On-site Stores Program, offering flexibility to customer demand, both pull-ins and push-outs. On-site stores limit financial exposure to both Cirtronics and our customers, and also limit instances of unexpected shorts, and Material Requirements Planning (MRP) reschedules.
- Vendor Managed Inventory (VMI) is a strategy of holding purchased inventory onsite at a specific quantity based on forecasts to ensure we have the right part at the right time.
Cirtronics is committed to the pursuit of responsible procurement practices and encourages sourcing materials from socially responsible suppliers and refrains from purchasing materials from known conflict sources.
The products we build and our reputation rely on the strength, resilience, and quality of our supply chain.