Outsourcing works. But is it right for you?
Medical device makers can’t take short-cuts when creating a new life-saving device. But they can outsource some of the more critical work IF they know how to find the right collaborators. Introducing a medical product requires expertise in design and manufacturing. This panel of experts will discuss key factors that influence success when designing and transitioning a device into production. While there are no shortcuts, early cooperation between the medical device company and partners are key to facilitating design optimization and a successful ramp up to full-scale manufacturing of quality intensive medical devices.
Discussion topics include:
- Determining whether outsourcing is right for you – pros and cons
- Ways partners can help reduce project risk
- Understanding and documenting the lifecycle financial benefits
- Getting the right decision makers involved – include marketing
- Finding and vetting partners – what to look for
- Creating healthy, productive relationships with your partners