Business Development / Account Management
Position: Manager of Customer Development - Milford, NH
Job Description: We are seeking a Manager of Customer Development with a proven track record for developing and growing existing accounts. You must be able to develop profitable and sustainable sales growth at assigned key accounts. You must have experience selling custom engineered solutions to C-level management of large and medium sized manufacturers in a competitive market.
You must excel at growing and servicing existing accounts through developing account plans, working to identify new opportunities with those accounts and implementing account strategy. This person will implement and manage the effective delivery of key customer programs including communication strategies, customer training, issue resolution and utilization reporting.
You should be high achieving, motivated, passionate and work well as part of a team. We expect excellent communication, relationship building and respect for others to be part of your natural behavior.
- Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Minimum of three years experience in an electronics manufacturing setting, preferably contract manufacturing
Position: Account Executive - Milford, NH
Job Description: We are seeking an energetic, polished, professional Account Executive to identify, qualify, develop, forecast and manage new business. You will establish and execute Sales and Marketing direction, relative to areas of opportunity for business growth, driven by corporate strategic initiatives.
You must have experience selling custom engineered solutions to C-level management of large and medium sized manufacturers in a competitive market. You will identify market trends, new business models and establish strategic partner alliances. You should be high achieving, motivated, and passionate about hunting, selling and closing sales. We expect excellent communication, relationship building and exceptional interpersonal skills to be part of your talent base.
Scope of responsibility is global in nature.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Proven positive Sales experience
- Knowledge of Contract Manufacturing is significant
Position: SMT Process Engineer - Milford, NH
Job Description: The SMT Process Engineer is a team member that has the responsibility of providing technical support to all surface mount processes in an EMS environment. This individual analyzes the manufacturing process through SPC data collection, working with operators, day to day problem solving, and provides root cause analysis for any process or quality issues. They are also responsible for providing recommendations and enhancements to these processes to improve quality. Knowledge of SMT equipment, solder pastes, board profiling and paletization and inspection techniques are required in order to successfully perform this function. The SMT Process Engineer may also be required to provide training and knowledge to operators working in this area, as well as stay current with new and future technologies that pertain to this process.
Areas of expertise should include:
- IPC 610, J-Std -001
- BOM and component disposition
- Efficiency analysis and optimization
- Continuous process improvement
- Screen print set up and process parameters
- Stencil design and aperture modifications
- Glue process parameters
- Reflow oven profiling
- BGA/LGA/QFN rework profiling
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or any science discipline or equivalent demonstrated knowledge and experience is required
- Two (2) years engineering experience in a directly related industry or manufacturing process preferred Excellent communication skills Knowledge of safety issues
- Proficient computer skills
Position: Test Support Specialist - Milford, NH
Job Description: The Test Support Specialist is responsible for testing
and troubleshooting PCBs at the component level and is proficient with numerous
circuitry designs (analog, digital, RF, optical, etc.). This position entails
setting up of tests and performing various test procedures at the highest level
of complexity using prints and schematics as well as custom test fixtures,
power supplies, oscilloscopes and multimeters. This position must also be able
to generate test procedures to satisfy customer requirements. Also, the Test
Support Specialist handles customer returns and interfaces directly with
customers regarding new product lines to determine test specifications and
requirements. Employees at this level
also assist with the training of new employees.
- Testing units (55%)
- Troubleshooting units (20%)
- Test set-up (20%)
- Documentation (5%)
- Associates degree in electronic engineering or equivalent demonstrated knowledge
- Three to five (3-5) years as a Level 2 Test Technician
- Extensive working knowledge of electrical circuits
- Basic math skills
- Good communication skills
- Ability to read and write English
- Basic computer skills